Gentlemen & Hotties: Complete
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gentlemen & Hotties: Complete

Home to the collective Genius of a Thousand Minature Nuclear Powered Syn'bots

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Infamous: Conduit Rising

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark Skyheart
Head of the Skyheart Family
Ark Skyheart

Infamous: Conduit Rising Empty
PostSubject: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 6:26 am

Infamous:Conduit Rising

"Now we must all fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil, which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Welcome to Libertania City. ruled by the mob and half destroyed by the calamity known as the beast several years ago. what stands now is a city ruled by fear as the governments special forces have been mobilized against a new threat left in the wake of the conduit disaster in new maris up the coast.

conduits, people exposed to a new type of energy and given strange powers. these men and woman have begun to rise up from the shadows. some could be called heroes, others are monsters transformed by power and greed. you've just arrived in town. anything is possible and the cries of the city are either music to your ears.....or the call for help.

Rules:

you are a conduit (aka bio-terrorist) and have been gifted with elemental powers. which include but arn't limited to (electricity, neon, ice, fire, smoke) in the beginning your allowed to pick one power and then could possably gain access to more over time.

you are a battery of sorts and will need to be able to syphon your element from your surroundings. if you use Ice you'll need water to "charge up" same with fire, electricity etc. any massive uses of power will drain you and balancing your power and when you need to recharge is important.

setting is modern day in a city much like boston.

Bio:

Name:
history:
Looks:
Back to top Go down
https://gentlemenandhotties.forummotion.com
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 6:34 am

Name: Alex Mayhew
Power: Oil
history: grew up in the mountains with his family. after a conduit attacked his hometown almost razing it to the ground alex learned of his ability to control/draw power from oil. afraid of being captured by the D.U.P who had come to neutralize the conduit. alex ran and learned to control his ablities on the streets of Libertania.
Looks:Infamous: Conduit Rising Zvlsz
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:01 am

Name: Mitsuko "Mitty" Mori
Power: Electricity/ Lightning
History: She grew up in the city as an orphan, bouncing around from one foster home to the next as a small child. With no stable parental figures in her life she grew up hanging out with the wrong crowds on the streets. After a near death experience with a conduit mugger it snapped her into reality and lead her down the right path but not without leaving her both emotional and physical scars. (scar just below her right eye, and multiple scars hidden beneath her tattoo)
Looks:
Infamous: Conduit Rising 640x640_6082_Troopers_Lodging_2d_anime_girl_woman_portrait_picture_image_digital_art_zpsb84349c9
Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:15 am

Alex would pull down his headset the tune barely audible from the big speaker pads. it was raining in libertania, the rain painting the asphalt with an oily blackness that calmed Alex in a way he was still getting used to.

"look guys, I know your boss wants the money but i just don't have it right now." Alex raised his hands to the two fairly well dressed thugs. they were enforcers for a crime family known as "enfuego" and they had been harrassing him for weeks now.

"we know that ya little stain, but the don still wants to see you...he has work for someone like...you" the obvious disgust in the man's voice annoyed alex. he was diffrent its true but these thugs had no idea what he was capable of.

looking down at the dark puddle that was forming at his foot alex would smirk...the city provided the best tools for a conduit.

"well thats to bad, I'm not interested" with a flick of his hand black oil would erupt upwards and smack into the first thug like a sledge hammer, turning he would feel himself become light as air and "skate" off down the alley into the main street away from the remaining thug. the oil making him as fast as lighting as he raced through the environment. grinding rails and slipping like water through low openings and tight squeezes.
Back to top Go down
Chibbit
Admin
Chibbit

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:33 am

Name: Titus Dover
Power: Glass
history: Titus was an outcast in school, but he was brilliant beyond measure and working hard to make things easy for his mother the only family he had left, his father having died during the beast attacking while he was still young. Things changed when a conduit fight broke out by his school killing nearly everyone in their wake, including Titus' mother.  
Looks:
Add a headset and a pair glasses thin and rectangular to this image and you got Titus

Infamous: Conduit Rising 3eb78f11
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:37 pm

With the rain in Libertania sometimes it was difficult to tell whether it was day or night all thanks to the effects of The Beast. As the rain fell pelting her window Mitsuko would finish washing the last of her dishes. Mitty was an up in coming mechanic in Libertania and was still building up her clientele. So far the only projects she was working on was repairing some kids toy, a microwave and the shop's tv. Her shop was off the main drag it was once used as an apartment complex. It was all brick on the outside, two story with a smaller built on to the side. She had converted the garage into her work space and had gutted what she could of the lower half apartment as her store while she lived in the upper unit. She was working on possibly selling small refurbished electronic devices in the store and she was banking on these repair jobs to help fund that project of hers.

As she dried off her hands she would softly sigh, " Another day in paradise ". She would glance out her window and stare out across the road and see the turbulent waves of the ocean beating the sand with its foamy fists. "It could storm today...", she says with a soft smirk of hope. Redirecting her attention elsewhere Mitty would finish getting ready for the day. Leaving her living quarters she would step outside and take the fire escape, walk around the side of the building to the front and manually unwind the garage door's awning. It was an old RV awning and certainly not her choice of color but it worked for her. Once underneath her makeshift shelter she would fumble in her pocket for the keys and open up her shop door. Once inside she would turn the corner and lift the heavy garage doors open, allowing the dim milky light to filter inside. Taking a glance around she would make sure everything was how she left it. "alright then.. lets get to work", she would clap her hands together, turn towards the entrance and walk over and wheel out her homemade metal sign, indicating she was open. *Grease Lightning - Elektrek Repairs* "what as I thinking", she says softly to herself shaking her red choppy hair.
Back to top Go down
Chibbit
Admin
Chibbit

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:30 pm

It was another day, the rain was light that morning but was starting to pick up, and the clouds were getting darker by the minute. Titus skipped class today, it was the anniversary of his mothers death, and the rain just made it worse, it rained that day too. the day felt darker then it should like something big was going to happen but Titus didn't know what that could be.he was on his way to his mothers grave to pay respects. across the street a kid around his age shot out of an alley and started running the direction he was walking. "Wonder what kinda trouble he got into..." Titus mumbled to himself. a moment later two fairly well dressed men came out, one on his phone, the other covered in oil, ranting about how much the suit had cost him. he continued along his path to the flower stand a block down the road.

"I'll take a half dozen roses please" Titus said, pulling out his wallet to pay for them. "here you are, that'll be nine dollars." he gave the lady by the stand the cash and walked down to the graveyard. thirty minutes later he finally arrived. he gave the gatekeeper his information and continued along the small path to his mother and fathers grave "Hey mom, dad, hope all is well in heaven, I'm doing my best even now though life feels so empty without you." he said. "I did a terrible thing the other week with this strange power of mine even though I promised not to use it for your sake." a man similar to the ones he saw earlier that morning had come to him asking that he do business with their boss. he started out acting nice, but turned sour real fast when Titus declined the offer. he was pushed into a corner, not sure what to do and panicked a little bit. that man was on the news last week, found dead with a massive shard of glass sticking through his chest. Titus felt sick just thinking about it. it was the first time he'd killed a person and it wasn't a good feeling.
Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:42 pm

having built up to much speed running in the rain Alex would attempt to stop and feel his powers continue to propel him forward into an open garage, slamming into a large toolbox he would let out an exclamation of air and crumple onto the floor.

"slippery when wet" he would groan half laughing at the mildly painful experiance
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:59 pm

As Mitty was on her way back she saw a dark blur pass her. When she turned and looked up everything seemed to register in slow motion as she watched some kid come careening down the street right into her garage. "Holy crap", she muttered as she brought a fist to her mouth wincing in her mind. She jogged over to the punk that had just barreled into her shop as raindrops fell from the tips of her hair, "Hey.... slow down there Flash..", she said watching him carefully as she looked around at the tools scattered about on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Chibbit
Admin
Chibbit

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:23 pm

After paying his respects Titus started off towards the junkyard. when ever he ditched class he would hang out at the junkyard, in the fields of twisted metal and random electronics he felt alive, plus the free resources made his hobby a bit easier. It took about an hour to get there, and rather then pay the small fee to get inside he just walked through the fence with his power near the back end. It was one of the only times he allowed himself to use his powers, and it was such a strange feeling, turning into molten glass and phasing through the cracks of any object. the small stock pile of tools and gadgets he had collected were still hidden away where he left them. he got to work repairing the bike he had found in decent condition.
Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:32 pm

Alex would stand awkwardly, brushing himself off. his feet solid to the ground once more. looking around he would notice the shop was small but not without its charm. the mechanic that was now staring him down was cute but the stern look in her eyes made him cautious.

"I was being chased, couldn't stop ya know...the rain" he would point outside just as a car pulled up in front of the shop. the long sleek black lines belieing the contents inside as Mafia.

"oh shi-" was all Alex could say before the shop was filled with gunfire from semi automatic guns.
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:59 pm

She turned around just in time to see the black car screech to a hault outside her home and business."Motherfu...", was all she was able to say as she leapt over her work bench, bringing it down with her to shield them from the bullets. "what the fu.. man..", she says as she rolls her eyes taking a deep breath *I fucking liked this place too* She would look over at the kid, her iris's glittering like lightning streaking across the sky. "Sorry kid but I gotta borrow something", she'd say quickly clasping his wrist before he could leave.

Alex could feel a slight spark then a jolt as she absorbed some of his headphone's energy frying the wiring circuit inside as smoke billowed out of the speakers. She would turn and stand, her hands erupting into a storm of bolts as she sends a shockwave out through her garage door, blasting the bullets and the thugs backwards. As she stood up she saw the freaking microwave she had been working on all week looked like swiss cheese. Her head snapped, "WHAT THE HELL!", she would scream as she sent a bolt at the car's engine, watching the hood fly up as it exploded setting the remaining goons on fire.

She would turn back to the kid flipping her bench onto it's top, "if you so much as think about running punk I will set your ass on fire... conduit!".
Back to top Go down
Chibbit
Admin
Chibbit

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Titus was having trouble getting the motor running. Everything looked ok, maybe the wiring was still incorrect, he looked over the manual he had bought the other day to help with his work. "hmm, oh there is my my problem." looking between his manual and the bikes wiring. he grabbed his wrench and got to work. the sounds of gun fire filled the air. "whoa, what the hell." he said looking off into the direction of the noise. " that was really close... I wonder what's going on." the sound of lightning crackled as he collected a few tools "oh well. i need to get a new set of cables, I can't believe i got the wrong ones" Titus left his bike and ran off towards the gunshots. where he last saw a bike like the one he was working on. "hope that bike still has what i need..." a moment later he found the bike when a woman dragging the kid he saw early ran into him. he fell to the floor tools scattered on the floor. he heard a pissed off apology and something about swiss cheese as she kept running pulling the kid along with her. "what the fuck..." a bullet whizzed past his head,"holy shit! can this day get any worse" he said to himself... running after them trying to avoid the bullets...
Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Alex would get dragged along, another conduit, the idea wasn't new to him but being this close to a non-destructive conduit made him a little excited. he felt the other guy bump into them and looking back met eyes with him for a moment before they were seperated by more gunfire. it would appear the mafia had decided if it wasn't going to control them it would destroy them. his hand would drag through some motor oil on the ground and with patience he used it to recharge his drained abilities after running from the mobsters before. working his fingers a bit the black sludge would form a steaming ball in his hand, with a practiced throw he would toss it toward the black car and watch as the front end exploded into a shower of sparks and super heated metal.

"never tried the grenade trick before" he would say as he was dragged out of sight by the electric mechanic.
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:49 am

Oh Mitty was mad now just when she thought she had gotten away from trouble, it seemed to have found her again. She glanced back at the person she had accidently knocked over and when she saw him coming she bit her lower lip. "Sorry kid, you're with us now until..", she says to Titus. She would glance over her shoulder holding her palm out as she shot her own electric bullets at their pursuers doing what she could to slow them down as they came running after them. "what the fuck man.. what kind of shit you in that the mafia is after you...", she says in frustration letting the punk go as she whirls him around to face her, tired of dragging him along by his shirt collar and tired from running from these goons.

She was glaring down at Alex for a moment, "give me your answer after we take them out", she says as she takes flight to a nearby power pole with a transformer on it. She was perched high to keep her eye on the two men below, as well as their targets. At this point she didn't care if she ended up stealing the power from the whole city and causing a major blackout if it meant she could get these MIB wannabees off her back.
Back to top Go down
Chibbit
Admin
Chibbit

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:39 am

"I assume you'll need a moment to recharge?" Titus yelled up to Mitty. I'm sorry mother, things turned for the worst and I have to use this cursed power he thought to himself as he readied himself for a fight. "I'll hold them off as best I can, are you ready?" Titus used the junkyard to his advantage, with all the cars and various pieces of glass in the area he was pretty confident he could hold them back. He brought his hand up pointing to a stack of nearby cars, all the glass began to shatter into thousands of small shards and whip up and over towards him, it was like watching diamonds rain down from the sky. Titus worked as quickly as he could, causing giant spikes of glass to erupt from the floor in front of him forming a wall. After that was up he sent the rest of what he had to form a complex shape up by Mitty, if he got the angles right, the mafia members would see doubles of her till they got closer. "it can take a bullet or two I think, if not they'll still have to aim just right to even hit you." he yelled up to Mitty, "Lets do this!" he said as they charged forward

Last edited by Chibbit on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:35 am

Alex would smile, he hadn't ever felt accepted since he had become this...freak, yet right now this felt right. summoning up his power he would throw his hands out and droplets would create tiny puddles the size of small quarters in a half crescent in front of them. the puddles were hard to see in the rain and mud but their potential was deadly as Alex flexed his fingers causing them to spike up about nine inches in a wave pattern.

"Come on ya Mob assholes! ya can't beat us we are more than human!" alex's voice was loud and clear over the slow din of the storm around them. his confidance reaching an all time high
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:52 am

Mitty would watch the two boys carefully, shocked a little when she realized their conduit skill, "so glass and oil.... and lightning.... oh those fuckers don't stand a chance", she mutters softly under her breath. The droplets of rain falling a little harder as the wind picked up. "damn it the storm is too slow", she says to herself knowing the effort to try and pull the electric energy from the atmosphere was too great at the distance where the storm was stalling out at. Mitty would yell down to the two guys, "hey how far you think it is to the beach from here?", she says as she tries to come up with an option B if they needed to move.
Back to top Go down
Chibbit
Admin
Chibbit

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:09 am

The members of the mafia turned the corner, the walls were transparent so they didn't know the walls were up. they unloaded their bullets, Titus barely heard Mitty's question among all the chaos. "About 15 minutes by foot if we ran!" he replied. the glass was holding well enough, but it wasn't looking good. the glass began to streak with cracks as the gunfire continued to rain down at them. Titus held on to the wall with his hand, reforming the wall to keep it stable as best he could. Having little control over the power and even less experience, the power was starting to drain his stamina with the continued use keeping their barricade up. "hope you guys got a game plan, this isn't easy to hold!" he shouted. The mafia members started to push forward, seeing that the small calibur guns weren't going to work with the walls up
Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:02 am

the sound of sirens had only just begun to become audible as the gunfire died down, the alarm of the state run "anti-conduit" system would make Alex's teeth rattle. hearing the alarm the mafia troops would begin to pull back as the sirens got louder. just as the last of the goons started to pile into cars that seemed to come out of no where a convoy of D.U.P vehicles would barrel into the junkyard the den of the sirens becoming a deafening roar in the rain.

the first of the APC's would burst open and out would file several heavily armored soldiers with unusual guns, the conduits had seen what a squad like this could do and had no choice but to get out before they were captured or worse, killed

"run....shit run guys!" Alex would manage as more D.U.P arrived to neautrilize the group.

Last edited by Ark Skyheart on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:15 am

Mitty would take Alex's warning. She would reach down and grasp the thick black wire of the electricity taking what she could quickly as her entire being became one with the power. The only sign of her presence was the occasional blue arc that crackled and hissed as she raced along the lines. She was hoping to lead the two towards the beach. Once she was a little ways ahead of the guys she would arc herself down to the ground, her hair sparking a little as she kept an eye on them, watching their backs as they caught up.
Back to top Go down
Chibbit
Admin
Chibbit

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 5:42 am

The group ran for fifteen minutes before losing the D.U.P., they were in the slums now only a few minutes from the beach. Titus was exhausted but they needed to keep moving, they still weren't out of harms way just yet, but he couldn't push himself anymore "Ca.. Can we stop for a moment... I'm completely beat" he said inhaling deeply, they had stopped at a small deserted store a few blocks from from the beach, one of the only places that was still standing when the beast had passed through. it was empty except for a few stray cats that had taken the place as their home. "how do you guys not get tired using your powers like that" Titus said still drained, he sat down on a small counter off in the corner of the store to regain his strength.
Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 5:45 am

*alex would produce a water bottle full of oily liquid. "it helps to have a source nearby, but yeah I'm fuckin drained to....so your both different...like me?" his breath was a little ragged from running and using so much energy. tossing his fried headphones he would observe the other two, they seemed pretty normal.
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:08 am

Mitty would quickly dart over and catch his headphones, "hey.... I can fix these", she says with a lower lip pout. "but for a fee of course, after all you got my shop....", she says cutting off the last of her statement as her lip quivered momentarily as the memory was all too fresh. Her thumb gently strokes the headband of Alex's headphones before handing them back, "The name is Mitsuko... lets walk and talk, I wanna get as far away from those guys as possible", she says gesturing at the two of them to follow her towards the beach. "I know of a good hiding cave spot near the beach", she says softly.
Back to top Go down
Chibbit
Admin
Chibbit

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:28 am

"Gimme a sec to collect myself and i'll be right out" Titus says as they step out ahead of him. Titus looked around the shop for anything useful, there were a few shelves still standing but they had nothing of value. he walked over to the few glass counters and absorbed what he could regaining some energy and strength, "guess that'll have to do..." he stopped, the glint of metal caught his eye. "a zippo, nice, that could come in handy." he picked it up and threw it in his small back pack and headed out the join the others. "So, i think introductions are in order" he said when he caught up with the others. "I'm Titus, 17, was going to college for engineering... dunno how that's going to turn out with the whole D.U.P. probably having my face now...."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Conduit Rising   Infamous: Conduit Rising I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infamous: Conduit Rising
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gentlemen & Hotties: Complete :: The Cafe Skyheart :: Unrelated Roleplay-
Jump to: