Gentlemen & Hotties: Complete
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gentlemen & Hotties: Complete

Home to the collective Genius of a Thousand Minature Nuclear Powered Syn'bots

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Borrowers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ark Skyheart
Head of the Skyheart Family
Ark Skyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:41 am

This is the story about a race of little people known as the Borrowers and how they live their lives of secrecy alongside the humans.

A borrower is a small person. usually about the size of a small mouse who lives in every home. borrowing only what they need, things that won't be missed. this small race of people live beneath the floor, or in the walls. in the spaces between quietly and peacefully living out their lives...

Bio's

Name: Finnard Greylock ‘Finn’

Height: 5 ½ inches

Weight: small mouse

Personality: always curious Finn often spends his free time reading newspapers and books his uncle wrote during his travels. Very knowledgeable Finn takes the act of borrowing very seriously and wishes to one day lead a life like his uncle, full of adventure and excitement.

History: moving into a new home after coming of age, Finn wishes to build his own house and write books like his adventurous uncle. After a few failed Borrowings Finn decided to spend some more time studying his uncles journals and become the greatest borrower ever.

Appearance: thin legs and athletic physic, dark red hair cut short and spiked back against his head, pale skin and freckles dot him all over lightly.
Back to top Go down
https://gentlemenandhotties.forummotion.com
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:34 am

Finnard would look down across the expansive sea of grass from his perch atop one of the three chimneys that towered above the two story cottage he called home. Far below him beneath the floorboards was his own home. The house was nestled within the space between the first floor and the foundation, built inside a small pile of bricks. Across the sea of green he could just see the movement he was expecting. Grabbing a small string he would vault off the terrace at the top of the chimney and slide down to the roof, picking up a refurbished popsicle stick he would surf down the slick tiles and launch off the roof pulling a brass pin head on the side of his backpack a parachute would expand (taken from a stray army man toy) and he would land with a light thud in the bushes lining one of the windows.
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:33 am

Name: Azura Larkspur
Height: 4 in.
Weight: small mouse
Personality: She is usually very quiet and reserved and is shy towards the other borrowers she has now come to stay with. She however is very curious about the young boy Finnard, and has come to accept him as a friend, though she is still shy around him at times. Her favorite thing to do is to sit down and play a game of ‘match’ with her set of cards.
History: Azura and her family have been living in a quant country cottage since she was 16 yrs old. However, her family had to leave their old house since the humans were doing too much remodeling and since they were in danger of being seen and noticed, they packed up their belongings and joined up with some family friends of her parents.
Appearance: The Borrowers FortuneTeller-1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Azura was on her way to meet up with Mr. and Mrs. Greylock; they were close friends of her parents. Azura had traveled a total of 10 days and nights with her parents as they made their way through the forest until on the last day she was given a map. “What do you mean I have to go by myself dad”, she would ask her father. “Your mother and I have some business at the underground market, the closest one is in the opposite direction, we’re entrusting you to finish the journey yourself, the Greylocks will be expecting you”, her father would explain as he gently held Azura’s shoulders reassuring her that she was capable. Azura was given an extra pack, filled with survival equipment to help her finish the day long journey to the Greylock’s. When morning came Azura waved goodbye to her parents as she pushed herself off into the small creek on her popsicle raft. Once she had made her way down the creek to the mossy log, she would make her way over to the bank, exiting her raft. She folded up the portable raft like her father had shown her the day before and bundled it up and strapped it across her back. She trekked her way cautiously towards the cottage using the underbrush and rocks for cover. Stopping to peer around the cobblestone wall Azura would quickly slip through the gate running as fast as she could into the L shaped hedge in the front garden area making her way closer to the main residence. She pauses as she pulls out of her pouch the small map her parents had given her, directions to the Greylock’s main entrance. Placing the map carefully back into her pouch she makes her way over to the cobblestone wall behind the hedge and pushes aside one of the stones slightly, she was early and she hoped they were home. She would look around making sure no humans were around before calling out, “Mr. Greylock…. Mr. Greylock… are you there… it’s Azura Larkspur”, she says. She had no idea that the Greylocks residence was occupied by just their son Finn.
Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:23 am

packing up his chute Finn would stash his gear in the tall branches of the bush and walk out to meet the new girl. it didn't take long to see the stark blue in the sea of green holding a hand up he would shout "hey there! get over here before anyone notices you and your blue head!" finn would jump up and down hoping she would notice him with his stark red hair.
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:33 am

Azura would look around for a moment locating the voice and the flashing red orb of Finn's head. she would consciously reach up and cover her blue hair with a hand. "um you're mr Greylock?", she would ask as she starts to climb up the branches, her raft, traveling gear as well as some of her personal belongings all hanging off of her in separate bundles. "you're a lot younger than I had expected...", she says a bit confused as she got closer to the other borrower.

Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:41 am

"an your alot bluer than I expected lassy" Finn would say offering a hand to help her up to his part of the bush. "names Finnard Finnigan mcfinndougal Greylock tho me friends call me Finn. and if your lookin for me Da and Ma are traveling the world like my great Uncle" looking around Finn would straighten up the harness around his waist and adjust the goggles on his head.
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:47 am

Azura would cock her head to the side as she extended a hand out to Finn. His accent was a little hard for her to understand but the sound was so new that she couldn't help but smile. "oh... so Finn, your parents are traveling...", she says as she starts to think of how she was going to let her parents know of the change, surely they didn't know. "So Finn.... my name is Azura Larkspur... it's very nice to meet you.... is it just you here?", she asks as she starts to take a look at their surroundings and at Finn's most unusual attire, her bright cerulean eyes watching.
Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:59 am

Finn would smile "ah yea I know about the arrangement your parents set up. mine just left a day or so ago. said I'm to settle you in and make you at home here" untieing another string from a branch, he would place his foot in a hoop at the bottom and hold out his arm. "come ere, yer not gonna have to worry about your weight so when the rope comes back you just do as I do and i'll meet you on the other side..." getting a small running start he would jump off their small platform and swing out of the leaves toward the cottage. landing inside a hole in the brick he would give the line a dug and watch it swing back to Azura
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:09 am

Azura would hold her breathe as she watched Finn leap towards the cottage making it through the tiny hole. She pace back and forth talking to herself trying to tell herself that she could do it and when the little hoop returned she sighs and hops up and down a little psyching herself up. She would do as Finn had, taking a few steps back before running towards the hoop, grabbing on as soon as she felt her feet leave the branch, squealing as she went, holding on tightly. "AHHHHHH HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA", her face flushed with fright.
Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:09 am

Finn would watch as Azura flew across the small gap between the house and the bush, and take a step back as she tumbled into the landing. tugging the rope finn would turn on his small watch-battery powered lightbulb that would illuminate the dark recesses of the spaces between the walls. "welcome to de casa greylock" making a show of his llittle bow he would give her another warm smile
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:17 am

Azura would stand dusting her knees off breathing a little heavy as she regains her breath. She would smile chuckling, " is this the only entrance?", she asks smiling softly her mind wondering if all their entrances were that frightening to get into. As she follows him closely, studying their construction of their pathways. Azura had never been in a borrows house where the construction of the human's house was made out of anything other than wood. "are all the human's homes in this area made out of stone?", she would ask.
Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:34 am

Finnard would laugh "not all, I've heard of houses made of sand, wood, and even something called Snow. whatever that is" lighting their way Finn would carefully hop across a foot bridge made of nails that jutted out of the support beam that ran the length of the passage. "first time in a place like this huh?"
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 am

Azura would smile, "snow is like really cold wet stuff, but I don't know about a house made out of it... or sand for that matter, doesn't it just sort of like wash away?" she says more or less thinking aloud. She would carefully follow Finnard's steps placing her feet where his went, not sure if the sharp beams of metal had any weak spots to them. "mmm yes it is the first time I've been in a house like this.. it has.... so much character", she says with a smile, stopping a couple of times to blow her bangs out of her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Ark Skyheart
Ark Skyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:51 am

"yes well, its been in my family for generations, my uncle is the one that made this place as wonderous as it is however" tugging on a loose rope/string he would swing down to a lower level. "tell me about your home, I haven't had much chance to explore outside of this house and my uncles journals"
Back to top Go down
LenaSkyheart
Ressurrection Goddess
LenaSkyheart

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:57 am

As she followed his lead she answered his question, "well it was the house I grew up in, it was made out of wood.... all wood and it smelt wonderful and it was warm and cosy. Wasn't nearly as big as this though", she says as she too slips down the rope to the lower level. " The humans had these large colorful eagles that were really noisy at times but served as a great distraction", she says with a light shrug of her shoulders. "our house was only a one story and out in the open where there was always a breeze....but it slowly fell apart once the humans left.... so we've had move... I'm glad my parents have great friends like your family Finnard", she says.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Borrowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Borrowers   The Borrowers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Borrowers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gentlemen & Hotties: Complete :: The Cafe Skyheart :: Unrelated Roleplay-
Jump to: